THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have pictures of the Ultimate Enfield?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Preferable the first one from the 1988 ACGG raffle? That gun has disappeared from the ACGG website.

Can you post them here or email them to me?

recoil@optonline.net

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted Hide Post

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a photo of that one (metalwork was by Blackburn), but I do have a photo of another "Ultimate Enfield" that has been posted on here a few times before (metalwork by Burgess).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually the late Tom Burgess did all the metalwork and I stocked and blued it. It began life as 340 Wtby and is now a 416 Rem

one of us
posted Hide Post
Darcy, you did the one pictured above or the 1988 raffle gun?

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another one by the late Thomas Burgess.

The metalwork for the one done by the guild in 1988 was done by Ted Blackburn. Actually, he did two exactly alike at the same time. One was for the guild rifle, and one was a spec. rifle. They were written up in Guns Magazine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob
The one above. I have some full length shots of a 416 Rigby I made for the same client on another Burgess Enfield that I can E-mail you directly. I haven't a clue as to how to post a pic myself. If you can post them be my guest.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure D'Arcy, they'd be appreciated.

Send them to recoil@optonline.net

One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
Hey Recoil Rob, please do us all a favour and post Echols' pics here?

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bent, here are the images D'Arcy sent, they aren't very large, if he sends more i'll gladly post them.

Regards,
Rob

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
While the work done on thesse rifles is fist class. They do not "look" like Enfields to my eye. Just another Model 70 clone with a three position safty and a straight bolt handle.

I guess My taste in Enfield based rifles is not the same as those who wanted the above rifles.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's another.

[/QUOTE]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is something about the Enfield safety that is striking and, in it's own unique manner, a thing of beauty. dancing

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle, too bad you skimped on the scope! popcorn

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would take wood over glass any day.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
While the work done on thesse rifles is fist class. They do not "look" like Enfields to my eye. Just another Model 70 clone with a three position safty and a straight bolt handle.

I guess My taste in Enfield based rifles is not the same as those who wanted the above rifles.

Keith

+1 except for the mod to the bolt release on the synthetic rifle. Enfield/Mod 30 bolt releases are a PIA as-is.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Talk about making swans out of ugly ducklings!

Great work!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice pcs. of work!

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the picture of the ACGG raffle rifle #4 - Ted Blackburn 416 Rigby on Enfield action

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote