New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Baretta 96D
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Question - I just picked up a couple 96ds and they are lousy to shoot. The trigger pull is way - way too stiff.

Does anyone know if there is a kit to retrofit it to sa/da vs dao? Or if there is a smith that does a conversion out there somewhere?

If not - I'll just trade the things off.

Make the first one count!

Posts: 337 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Don't know about a kit but I had a 92SD and it exhibited the same traits. Gun was a little complex to disassemble and get at the trigger group. I tried a little stoning of the sear engagement points.
I had no luck improving the trigger pull on mine.
Sold it off and bought an HK USP 45

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 96D doesn't have a sear, and comes from the factory with a lighter hammer spring than the standard DA/SA models. The trigger pull should be long and smooth, as it is designed to mimmick a double action revolver.

However, most 96D's on the market are police trade-ins that could have been abused or messed with. 92D's are becoming quite rare.

The Beretta 92 platform is actually very easy to completely break down and reassemble. You can find some great on-line videos here:

http://www.beretta92fs.com/

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote