New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun stores near Bethlehem PA?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friend from AZ will be in Bethlehem PA next week wants to know if there are any good gun stores in the Bethlehem/Allentown/Easton area. I know about the big Cabelas in Hamburg, MacKinnon in Slatington, Bob White the benchrest and varmint rifle king in Lake Hopatcong NJ. Bob Lowe in Allentown has passed away, ran Toonerville Junction, and his good store is closed. Any other suggestions from you fellows?

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.huntingpa.com

you should find some help there

Posts: 133 | Location: Pa\Nj | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid your friend (or anyone, for that matter) will be spoiled after a visit to Cabelas in Hamburg. But I do have a few suggestions.

Weaknecht Sporting Goods is also located in Hamburg, not far from Cabelas. Also archery equipment.

The Handgunner Custom Gun Shop in Topton. 17 West Weis St. RANDY HOLLOWBUSH, prop.

Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop in Kempton. Chuck Dixon, prop. Lots to see...custom smokepoles galore.

Targetworld in Chalfont, Bucks County. Open 7 days, indoor range. A Browning full line dealer with about 30 gunsafes on display. Reloading supplies, and gives a 5 to 10% discount if you show membership in NRA or a gun club.
http://www.targetworldinc.com/

Golden Trigger gun shop on the triangle in downtown Emmaus. Some of everything.

The only gun shop that I know of that is actually IN Bethlehem is C&D Coin and Gun on East Broad St.

Of course if you travel a bit there are two of the sports best known custom gunmakers nearby: Robert W. Hart and Son in Nescopek, and Mark Bansner Ultimate Rifles in Adamstown.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I would also suggest Richland Shooters Supply in Richland (near Lebanon) and Enck's Gun Barn outside of Newmanstown. They are both within 15 min.s of Shyda's. Then there is the Sportsmans Shop in New Holland.....

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote