New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Boss
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do anyone make a product similar to the Browning Boss?
Rich [Cool]

Posts: 139 | Location: Powell WY | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a M70 with the Boss system on it, but I believe they only used that design from browning for a few years. I have seen ads for others, but couldn't tell you who or quality. The first summer I had my 338, I shot over 10 boxes of different weight and different style shells through it and was easily able to tune the rifle to put every type under 1" groups at 100 yards. Some sure hate the looks and noise of it, but the Boss does just as advertised.

Posts: 179 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Hellrazor>
posted
I bet Browning is getting a kickback from the hearing aid companies. Dont care what caliber the gun is, but one with a boss on it is louder then the big magnums at the range.

<Hondo64d>
posted
I have a muzzle brake/tuner made by QUE on a Remington 700. Really made the rifle shoot well, but is pretty ugly. I think QUE is out of business.

John

one of us
Picture of mbrook
posted Hide Post
I have a model 70 with a boss system. I purchased a "CR" attachment that is basically the boss without the recoil reduction ports. This system provides the tuning benefits of the boss with no increase in muzzleblast and no reduction in recoil.

Posts: 524 | Location: SE MIchigan | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbrook:
I have a model 70 with a boss system. I purchased a "CR" attachment that is basically the boss without the recoil reduction ports. This system provides the tuning benefits of the boss with no increase in muzzleblast and no reduction in recoil.

I got the same setup on my 7 Mag White Gold Medallion. I wish I would have opted for the regular barrel instead. I can tune the bullets it likes to shoot sometimes to .5 most of the time 1.0 If the rifle doesn't like the ammo, spinning the boss ain't gonna help. If it likes the ammo,the system does work. I thought it was cool when I got it. Now it's just an eye sore. I can do the same thing with hand loads as the boss. Also If Browning/Winchester say's it's got a 26" barrel it doesn't. You get a 24" barrel and 2" of boss. Terry

[ 01-01-2003, 05:41: Message edited by: TC1 ]

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the boss available as an after market product?

Posts: 33 | Location: Gilbert, MN | Registered: 07 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbrook:

Where did you purchase the "CR" attachment for your Model 70? I bought my 30-06 before Winchester started including both Boss styles with the rifle.

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an Browning Stainless Stalker w/ BOSS in a 7mm-08. darn thing shoots like a bench rest rifle.
Really loves 140gr. Ballistic Tips and 139gr. Hornady SP.
The BOSS works, but a lot of people just don't like it. I do.
I called Browning and they sent me a free CR to replace the original BOSS, either on still makes this sweet little rifle into a MOA shooter.

<cohoyo>
posted
you can get the boss cr from winchester for $18. I got one a few years ago for my .338. cabelas use to sell a boss like deal called the rifle tuner but i haven't seen it for several years. I called them once and tried to get the name of the company that they bought theirs from but no one could tell me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
cohoyo,
I called Wichester/Browning and ordered a CR yesterday. Thanks for the info!

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote