New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help with assembling a Browning 25 auto
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A customer brought me one in a bag and asked if I could reassemble it. All went reasonably well until I got to the sear spring and I'm stumped. One tail powers the sear and the other one powers the trigger bar. That's as far as my ciphering goes. Can anyone describe to me how that little two-tailed spring fits?

I had a fairly low opinion of these nasty little pistols before this. It's even lower now.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
This may not help much.

Posts: 6446 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks richj. I've got the same drawing in 4 or 5 different books.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It that the pistol that putting the barrel back in is like picking a lock?

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Firearms Assembly/Disassembly book states that it's the same as the Bauer 25.

There's a photo on the last page of the reassembly tips with a description of where the trig bar should be in relation to the spring arm.

It's not much, but if you have access to one of these books it might help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Race. That did it. I'd looked in the table of contents and didn't see a listing but it's clearly listed in the index.

Even with that, it's no picnic putting that thing together. The coil of the sear spring rides on the safety shaft. Who'da thunkit! I'd never have guessed that from the exploded drawing.

Mark Pursell