Find
Notify
Tools

M70 Phillips Head Action Screws
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
Just picked a nice M70 Classic stainless that has been nicely rebarreled for the 9.3x62. I was shocked to find the action screws had phillips heads. First I thought someone got them from the local hardware store, until I saw other M70s adorned with them. When did the scientist at Wichester come up with that great idea? How long did they use them? Looks like they stole the idea from Savage! Big Grin

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
"Phillips"! I'm surprised also, Allen socket heads I would understand.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Yep, serious as a heart attack! Look at a few pics on line, especially stainless models. I will be replacing them with B Square allen head screws ASAP. Hopefully I will find some at the gun show this weekend, otherwise I will be calling Brownells on Monday. Would have done it sooner, but it gives me something specific to look for at the show.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote