New
Find
Notify
Tools

rem xp100
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This may be a dumb question but how do you take the bolt out of a rem xp100? What are your opinions of this gun? I have had the use of one that seems to be a shooter and am thinking of buying it. any comments or suggestions welcome.

Posts: 56 | Location: WV | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
<ol crip>
posted
orland, the bolt release is on the left side of the bolt. You have to reach inside the receiver from the back next to the bolt with a small probe and push down on the bolt stop. I usually use my six inch scribe.

I have a couple of XP 100s and like them just fine. They're accurate and feel good in your grip. I also have an XP100R and it shoots great but is too nose heavy. The center grip is a little better balanced. If the price is right, jump on it. XP100s are like land, they don't make them anymore.

[ 08-11-2003, 04:58: Message edited by: ol crip ]

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Jump on it if the price is right. I went for years wondering what in the hell do you need one for until I shot one a few years ago. Well, the one I shot came on the market after a couple of months, and I couldn't grab my wallet fast enough. They will truely impress you as to how far and how accurately they will shoot. Mine is in .223, sports a Fagen thumbhole stock, and I topped it off with a Weaver 2-8X scope. The sage rats aren't safe until they get over 500 meters, and then they don't want to stick around for round number two. [Wink]
I piss some of the locals off at the gun club when they're shooting their 26" varmint rifles at a 100, and I'm putting together better groups than they are.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
orland, ditto to all of the above, and then some.
The only thing I will warn you about the XP's is that sometimes they have the tendencey to multiply [Wink] .
Jeff
BTW I always wanted one. So now I ahve three and am working on #4 [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they do seem to multiply... I need to drive down to see Groundhog Devistation to pick up my 2nd one!!

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all

This one is chambered for 221 rem fireball. With the exception of one scratch on the left side of the stock this one is like new condition. It is topped off with burris one piece base and burris rings with a 4-12x AO weaver rifle scope.
My first loads were 17 gr of 4198 under a 40 gr barns xlc and was grouping just over an inch at 100 yds. This was impressive to me coming from a pistol.
What price range should I expect for this gun?

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Depending on how good the scope is, I'd say an excellent buy would be $500-$600, and a respectable buy would be $600-$700, but then I'm a bit of cheap skate. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

It's only downfall is the caliber. A buddy of mine had one in the fireball, and the muzzle blast was almost unbearable, and it severely lacked the trajectory that I could get with my .223. Just my .02.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW $500-600!! He hasn't given a price yet but talked like he would let go much, much cheaper than that.

Thanks again

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by orland:
WOW $500-600!! He hasn't given a price yet but talked like he would let go much, much cheaper than that.

Thanks again

Well then, give him my number [Big Grin] I'll sell it you for $500-600 [Wink] That way, you still get a good deal. What do you think???