Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester model 1912
 Login/Join

<J.G>
posted
Hello,
I have just aquired a Winchester model 12 Pigeon Grade Trap Gun 12ga. It is made in 1919 and in excellent condition. However, I would like to know if someone knows of a source of spare parts for this fine shotgun. // J.G

<DuaneinND>
posted
Many of the various parts suppliers- Jack First, Gun Parts Corp etc handle parts for the Model 12.
If you need parts and can not find them you can contact me at www.duanesguns.com I also shoot some M12's and carry some of the parts.

<J.G>
posted
Thanks, Duane.
// J.G

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stu Wright of Wrights Model 12 Shop is a great source for parts and service. There is not a finer gun made in my opinion. There is also a video out there on PROPER teardown, cleaning, adjustment etc. Well worth the money. I have two high grades that required full restoration not from the jillion rounds but from their owners abuse.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<J.G>
posted
Ultraman,

I agree with you - it�s a outstanding gun. I had no previous experience of it, but immediately realized that the model 12 is something extra as soon as I first handled it. I usually shoot a Beretta, wich is also fine, but the model twelwe points and feels like a dream.
My aim is to shoot it a lot and at least keep it in the condition it is now. It needs some fixing, though, since it has 83 years on the neck.
// J.G

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi J G, I have hunted with model 12s all my life. My father gave me a 12 ga when I was twelve years old and I still hunt with it. (I'm 64) I have two 16 ga, a 20 ga, a model 42 (410) and a parkerized 12 ga riot gun. I love the model 12. My next one is going to be a 28 ga, even if I have to have a 20 ga converted. They are a hunter's shotgun.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple more tips:
Nu-Line Guns is also a Mod 12 shop that used to have an extreme stock of original parts. If memory serves they bought out all of the Win/Olin stock.
They also sell the video called Winchester mod 12 and Super X Gun Repair....well worth having. Buy a forend wrench (like a spanner) from Brownells. It is cheap and this way you can properly disassemble the gun all the way. I can't think of any other special tools needed.
The gap between the barrel and action is important and you can adjust it for wear...the video will explain as well as how to look and test for other worn parts. I have buffed all of the internal parts on both of mine and the feel/speed/sound is unbelievable once done. Good Shooting!

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
<DuaneinND>
posted
Ultraman is right about NU-LINE, they did purchase most of the M-12 parts when Win sold them off-- I just could not remember their name with my earlier post-- Good job UM