New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting product.........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This blurb from the Jan 6, 2003 Forbes Magazine is all I know about it, but it sure sounds intriguing.

"Liquidmetal is an amazing product, used for things like golf clubs and knife blades. This alloy (mainly zirconium and titanium) can be molded as easily as plastic, but once hardened is twice as strong as titanium. The company that makes it, moneylosing Liquidmetal Technologies (LQMT)......"

End quoted text.

The article goes on to recommend shorting the stock, just to let you know that this is not some backhanded stock promotion scheme, and that is all of the article that actually deals with a description of Liquidmetal.

[ 01-27-2003, 22:33: Message edited by: Gatogordo ]

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Here's a link I found:

LMT

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry:

Thanks for the link, I haven't had the time to reasearch it any further.

Based on what the company says there, this might be a perfect receiver material that could be sort of injection molded, the mind boggles. Notice how they claim that it is considerably stronger than stainless steel.

Be nice if some metallurgist could comment, because it is way above my level of expertise.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote