Find
Notify
Tools

Value of 1941-1942 Savage 99 Takedown
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted
My dad and I went to a lousy gunshow this weekend, but ended up picking up a nice little 99 Savage takedown in 300 Savage. The blue is in pretty good shape and so is the stock. I've seen these go before at gun shows for about $500-$600. Anybody know what the value would be?

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depending on condition, your pricing is in the ball park...brings a bit more in 250-3000, 25-35, 32-40, 22 HP, and 38-55...

Posts: 42152 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Well, that's what I thought. Looks like dad did pretty well at $250.00!

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like you snuck a good one out the door under everyone's nose. If you want to make a couple of hundred quick profit let me know as I have a nice barrel that would work well on your action.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Dan in Wa>
posted
Had the pleasure of shooting an older Savage 99 in .300 Savage this past weekend. The thing shoots great with factory loads. Enjoying shooting the older guns these days, the .38/55 was a blast also with cast bullets. Just wish my eyes were a little better.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,
It sounds like a typical Redmond gunshow as of late...pathetic offerings seem to be the rule with overpriced P.O.S.'s everywhere. I forgo this last one as my smith delivered a 35 Whelen to me saturday while at work. No cover charge to pay either. I went to the last show about 3 months ago and did buy a decent No4 Enfield priced right @ $50.00,,,however parts and stuff for my other projects were not to be found. I need to attend a Expo center show to relive the "good times". Though living here does make for a long drive to Portland by myself. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was definitely a joke. There was a guy that had a 300 Win Mag 700 BDL with almost all the blueing rubbed off, and the stock looked like the instrument of demise for the last game mammal that the owner had harvested. The guy was asking $450.00 for it. I didn't see anything that I couldn't go to Walmart, a few blocks away, and save at least $50.00, if not over $100.00. The shows sure aren't what they used to be.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggerguard1:
My dad and I went to a lousy gunshow this weekend, but ended up picking up a nice little 99 Savage takedown in 300 Savage. The blue is in pretty good shape and so is the stock. I've seen these go before at gun shows for about $500-$600. Anybody know what the value would be?

I went to a show this weekend and picked one up with an octagon barrel in .30-30, condition "good" or slightly better. The price tag said $4000. I put it back down.

Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote