Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johnny foreigner
posted
I'm looking for a Varmint/Small game rifle in 243 AI. I don't want a BR gun so must be field portable.
Can anyone recommend a good custom riflemaker.
Budget will be about $4K

DW

Posts: 156 | Location: UK Oxford | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tom mason
posted Hide Post
I have a FN Supreme 300 Muskateer thats stocked in English Walnut, 2-pos M70 tyoe safety, custom bottom metal with a Mule Deer head engraved on it, in 243 Win. caliber. The action and the rear portion of the barrel is also engraved. It has Redfie;d bases and Leupold Rings. The rifle is completely rust blued. The stock was done by Lenard Brownell. I don't know how I would get it to you but would ship it in a hard case for $3500. Tom Mason Moore, Oklahoma.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Moore, Okla. | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dont know your import laws but if it ok to ship from the us then you might want to take a look at a gun that is in kittery trading post maine ,USA it is marked powell & sons ,it has a 3-9 ziess built in the 70s 243.win. incredibly accurate and engraved they have it priced at 3200$usd. call 207 439 2700 ask for john b.in gun sales have him email you a pic........paul

Posts: 294 | Location: MASSACHUSETTS | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Johnny
Get in touch with Kevin Weaver at Weaverrifles.com
Phone is 719-683-3024. He builds all kinds of rifles and specializes in lightweight super accurate rifles in any caliber you desire. He builds a great rifle and it sounds like your budget and his pricing are in the same range. Tell him Dave Snellstrom sent ya!
Check out his website then give him a call he is a great guy and does excellent work and has built several rifles for people on this forum, look up "Dr B" and his brother they have been repeat customers.
Kevin has also built the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Society rifle that they auction or raffle every year I believe several years in a row now. Good luck!
Dave Snellstrom

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote