Find
Notify
Tools

Good Work Report/Vapodog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
Sent two bolts, G33/40 and RSM plus follower off to have jewelled and just got them back. Deal was if I liked the jewelling on the follower I was to pay him, if not, don't pay and he would polish off the jewelling for free. Well, the bad part is now I have to pay him!!!! In all candor, he did an outstanding job on all three pieces and the work on the RSM bolt and follower makes for great look combined with the color casehardening work by Doug Turnbull on the bolt shroud and the scope rings.
In the process of polishing to mirror bright finish the interior of the RSM's action and will see what Vapodog can do with that little project. Again, can't say enough good things about his work and it was done on a timely basis. Thanks and keep up the good work.

PS Photos could be provided if someone was astute enough to post them.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guy,

Rick Rose indicates he has met you ... and very much enjoyed the information on his rifle.

Would be glad to post them for you. My e-mail is in my profile.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Just attempted to send you photos. If you do not see, drop me a line and will try again.
Thanks

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay. Our satellite link has been out due to weather. Here are dsiteman's pics:

Obviously, lovely work!

Mike

--------------

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Thanks for the photo posting, and thought you would like viewing such a quality blade as well. Might well contact Vapodog and see if he can do a similar job of jewelling on the flats of that ol' Puma blade. It has a few dings and scratches from many years of use. Would be an intersting compliment to the jewelling on the rifle. Again, thanks for the help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
dsueman,

I actually have an old Ouma White Hunter that I bout 35049 years ago as a canp knife. Has its share of surface damage and wear. Ought to clean up the surfaces. Has served well. (Free bump for the pictures.)

Mike

--------------