THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Tennessee Gun Parts Terrible customer service RESOLVED!!!

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennessee Gun Parts Terrible customer service RESOLVED!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Per a couple of suggestions I ordered a M98 bolt and ejector from Tennessee Gun Parts. I paid via paypal on 12/14/09. On 1/04/10 I had not recieved the part. So I emailed them.

On 1/6/10 I recieved this email:

Sorry for the delay in shipping. I have been out of town and/or ill for most of the last three weeks so I am running way behind on shipping orders. Your order will ship in the next few days. Thanks for your patience.

Regards....Layne at TGP/SRC

As of 1/20/10 I still have not seen any parts.

Just a heads up to anyone looking to them for parts.
SEE MY NOTE BELOW AS OF 2/1 ALL PHONES ARE DISCONNECTED!!!!!

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This reminds me that need to call them i ordered and payed for some parts over a year ago and one item was on back order. I have still not recieved any of my parts.

James

Posts: 130 | Location: Floresville,TX. | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly this is the norn with Layne.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Explains why Brownell's dumped them as a supplier.
I was looking for a shotgun trigger guard a while back and Brownells use to carry the. Well no more.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
Unfortunatly this is the norn with Layne.
Don

Shame, it wasn't always like that.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just an update. As of 1/28/10 no shipment has been recieved. Emails on 1/20 & 1/22 have gone unanswered.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Send a letter certified mail demanding your money back. Then you have a record to take to an attorney

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Send a letter certified mail demanding your money back. Then you have a record to take to an attorney

Smiler For a little over $23 it sure isn't worth talking to an attorney. If I don't get either parts or $$ so be it. Just want to help others not make my mistake.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They owe me a Mauser cocking piece.

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Aren't they located here in middle Tennessee?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aren't they located here in middle Tennessee

Tennessee Gun Parts
Po Box 1001,
Covington, TN 38019
(901) 475-0901

TOLL FREE 1-(866)-472-4986

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted Hide Post
File a complaint with paypal

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Covington is in W. TN, 45 minutes N of Memphis. I may be there this next week. If I can find the street address, I would just "drop by" if time permits.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
File a complaint with paypal

thumb Filed that on 1/28/10.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would this fall into Postal Service territory?
If so, can you also file something thru them?

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would this fall into Postal Service territory

Wouldn't think so. Payment was made via PayPal.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should'nt matter how payment was made.

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I'd get a phone with auto redial,and make his phone ring non stop for awhile. Smiler

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd get a phone with auto redial,and make his phone ring non stop for awhile

Well I don't think this will work. I called the toll free number from their site. DISCONNECTED!!!!! Mad Called the non-toll free number listed on the net. DISCONNECTED!!!! Mad I would forget about doing any business with them and probably kiss your orders and $$$$ goodbye. This is bsflag

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Dall85 that was my plan if they were somewhere close here in middle Tennessee.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
This shows a street address with the same disconnected phone.

Tennessee Gun Parts
425 E Pleasant Ave
Covington, TN 38019
901-475-0901

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a TN Gunparts forum over at surplusrifle.

Lots of complaints.

He just posted that he will get caught up this week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be back in Covington in the next week or two. Please PM me with any specifics you would like me to check on.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a TN Gunparts forum over at surplusrifle.

Lots of complaints.

He just posted that he will get caught up this week.

Same load of crap he gave me on 1/6/10 that the parts would be mailed. His definition of weeks and days don't match with reality.

If you notice that thread started on Nov 1 so there must have been plenty of complaints prior to that. It also said He's moving into a new shop (closer to home) and a home remodel etc. So things take time and his plate is full.He expects everything to be sorted out by the end of November, and he appreciates everyone's patience. Again now first week of Feb he is saying the same thing.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest. On 2/2/10 Layne posted this on surplusrifle

First, my sincerest apologies for my poor communications and service over the last few months. A combination of poor health, family issues, parts availability issues, and computer problems have all contributed to my failure to take care of business. I will do a better job going forward.

All orders will be filled or refunded by next Monday (Feb 8th).

All orders for very good swede slings will be refunded in the next day or two. The slings were damaged by a roof leak/mold....I've been trying to replace them with no luck.

As I am trying to get this done this week, I will not be able to respond to requests for status/info on the forum. Next week, after I have worked through everything, I will post a new phone # and email.

Again....my sincerest apologies.

Ed....THANKS for your help!

Regards....Layne

When someone then posted a question on 2/10/09 asking if anyone had received a shipment the moderator (ED) said give it another week. So now it is 11 days after when he said everything would be shipped. Guess what no one has posted saying they got anything. I sure haven't. Nor have the new email or phone numbers been posted.

Place an order with him at your own risk.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Well I did finally get my $$$ back. However it didn't come from Layne at TGP. Also all the promises that Lanye made to other members of "surplusrifles" as well as to me via the moderator all have failed to happen as well. He had posted that all orders or refunds would be handled by 2/8. Didn't happen. Two weeks later the moderator told me TGP had finally FOUND my order and would take care of it. Never happened.

The only reason I got my $$ back was because I had filed a complaint in PayPal's resolution center for no deliver. It took several steps and TGP failing to respond to them either. But on 2/26 a month after I filed a complaint with PayPal they refunded my $$.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K