New
Find
Notify
Tools

WalMart customer service
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Consumer comes into the shop today with a Remington M770 he just bought at WalMart. When he got home and opened the box there was no bolt! Took it back and was told it was his problem. The box showed taped-up damage at the end that contains the bolt. We called Remington and they authorized a warranty replacement. Good of them and Walmart can't suck enough. Lucky for him he had a regional repair center 5 miles away or it might have taken many weeks to get his gun back. We got it back to him by end of business. Morale of the story is that if you buy a gun at Walmart you damn well better open the box and check it before leaving.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't believe it got out of the store with nobody (buyer included) checking the contents, especially with the tape job. But ...

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wal-Mart is what it is.

Buyer should have checked before he left.

Hopefully you well get that customers business next time.

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wal mart doesn't do any returns on firearms because of the paperwork (4473's). Legally they can't re-assume possession without additional paperwork which is beyond the capability of most of it's employees. SO, yes, check the thing out thoroughly before you buy it!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
LMAO ROFF

coffee

In Canada we get that same sort of treatment from Cabelas. Walmart Canada does not carry firearms. The closest they come to firearms is the Ruger Air Hawk BB gun. That sucker alone will keep a pack of rampant liberals worried for WEEKS !

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been some sort of protest already.

popcorn The fudge at Cabelas is really good though ! ! ! !

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
The local Wally World usually tells customers that after you make a purchase of a firearm any problems are to be handles by the manufacturer. It surprises me that nobody checked the box especially after the box was damaged.
Hey Rod what about sending some of that Canadian fudge this way.

Steve.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1837 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Every Cabelas has a fudge machine and sells the coated pecans too, even down here. So it's not a Canadian thing.
Oh, the bolt? Everyone involved in that sale/buy is too dumb to own a rifle.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Every Cabelas has a fudge machine and sells the coated pecans too, even down here. So it's not a Canadian thing.

popcorn You see, there is still a reason to go to Cabelas, even in the USA! And Walmart too, if you need a Ruger Air Hawk BB gun or a toaster.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will never set foot in a Walmart store because of the way they treat their employes.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
I will never set foot in a Walmart store because of the way they treat their employes.

Dave

I imagine the way they are treated is different from one store to another.
I also think that if someone doesn't like their job or is treated poorly they can just up and quit, free country remember we are not owned slaves...

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave

I know people that work for them that love their job.

If they were being mistreated I wouldn't think they would hand around.

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just bought a rifle from Buds Gunshop on line and had it sent to a local FFL. Buds firmly stated on their website to thoroughly check out the gun BEFORE filling out the NICS paperwork. If there is a problem with it contact them and they will have it picked up. If you fill out the papers and then find something is wrong, it's your gun contact manufacturer.
A word to the wise!

Hip

Posts: 1881 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

Oh, the bolt? Everyone involved in that sale/buy is too dumb to own a rifle.

Yup.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave

Seattle, no wonder. As bad as California. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I worked at the Sams Club in Pearl City, Hi for a couple of years and they were pretty good to the employees at least while I was there. Different Manager would be a different story.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1837 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Walmart certainly. The buyer was a rookie. Didn't know better and trusted the store.

quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
Can't believe it got out of the store with nobody (buyer included) checking the contents, especially with the tape job. But ...

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seattle, no wonder. As bad as California. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

The liberals here are working hard to overtake California. Hell, Kool-Aid isn't even a good mixer.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe they sold the gun without opening the box and verifying the serial number???

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1618 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
^^^

They probably did verify the SN just didn't know enough to verify that the bolt, which is almost always shipped removed, was in the box.

I recently bought a cz 527, my first NEW gun in forever. They took the barreled action out to verify the SN. Then when done, put everything back in the box. Everything that is except the magazine and Warne rings. Luckily, I checked the box to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be. The clerk, located the magazine and rings, which they removed while taking out the barreled action, and we were good.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Something tells me they knew it was missing...sold it so they don't have to deal with it. A friend bought a Ruger All American in 243 and brought it home and put the bolt in and the whole back end of the bolt shot out in his living room. Found all the parts and after some head scratching I got it back together and working.(Not your standard bolt action) Walmart told him to send it back to Ruger, no longer their problem.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srtrax:
Walmart told him to send it back to Ruger, no longer their problem.

In some ways it's probably better if those box stores don't get involved in stuff like that. Because of paper work it's pretty hard to simply give someone a different gun now days. For them to send it back for repair just puts another person in the middle and adds to time and aggravation. And I don't think I would want my local Walmart employees trying to troubleshoot something that was broken. Remember, that kid was working at Starbucks or MacDonald's the day before. LOL

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surprised they did not have to check the rifle and the bolts serial #s with all the federal and tree huger paperwork.

Posts: 229 | Location: Spring/Marble Falls , Texas | Registered: 08 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave

Walmart's pays about 2.1 MILLION people each week in the US alone. Amazing they can force that many people to work in such a horrible place.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

Dave

Walmart's pays about 2.1 MILLION people each week in the US alone. Amazing they can force that many people to work in such a horrible place.

What's even scarier is that now that "The Don" has cut corporate taxes, the profit margins are going to spike and the only way the shareholders and owners will be able to keep from paying capital gains and personal taxes on the money will be to build a whole bunch more outlets and enslave a shitload more people so that they can hide the profits for a few more years.

That's going to mean that even more poor Americans will be forced into horrible, slave labor every day and be forced to go to work and be forced to pay personal taxes. Oh the agony! Oh the humanity of it all!

When will this eternal torment stop ?

When will someone impeach this madman?

LOL

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The battery in my watch died recently and after checking all of the other stores without finding the right battery I checked Walmart on-Line. the site listed the battery and said that if I went to the local store (which didn't have the battery) that I could place an order with customer service and have the battery delivered to the store in a few days. so I went to the local WalMart store. What a ZOO!! The customer service dept had three counters, each with a line of about 6 people. during the fifteen minutes I stood in line, none of those at the counter completed whatever transaction they were seeking. I left the store and haven't returned. I solved the problem by purchasing another watch - this one has a solar powered battery. I guess some people like WalMart, but I see no need for it.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's very seldom that Canada ever #1UPs the USA Ray B, but we may have a first. Other than good beer and rye whiskey. I have always hated buying batteries but about 25 years ago this company called Battery World started opening franchises in Western Canada. We have two in Edmonton. They always brag that if they don't have it, they can get it. Not only do they have every common battery from watch to car batteries, they also have weird stuff. I thought I had them beat a couple of times. The backup battery for my shop alarm gave up the ghost and the alarm company said they could come out and change it for about $300. Or, I could call battery world and probably change it myself for $100. It was one of those big, sealed, lead acid jobs so I took the old one down, the guy went in the back for 20 seconds and came back with a new one for $50. I also had a backup battery go in an old DRO I had which was a bit frustrating because I lost everything every time the power spiked or went out. It was a soldered in thing about 4 inches long and about 3/4 inch in diameter. I cut the leads off and brought it down to these clowns and again, the guy went in the back for about 5 minutes and came back with one for about $9. I have never gone in there and not walked out without what I wanted.

https://batteryworld.net/

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
We have a store like BW near here called Batteries Plus bulbs.
My Wingfield gram scale/balance needed a sealed battery and Wingfield quoted $175.00 if I shipped the whole unit to them. BP had one in stock and swapped it out lickety split for a total of like $25.00

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna guess that all these folks that swear they will never use Walmart are kinda like the folks that were leaving the country if Trump got elected. Full of sound and fury (aka bullshit), signifying nothing.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
My advice is that managers and/or sales people vary. Don't blame the company because one employee acted like a stupid fool. He probably didn't work there for very long before or since that rifle was bought if he treats customers like that.

About that rifle, in Pennsylvania consumers are entitled to receive exactly what they think they are buying. See #4i under definitions.
https://www.attorneygeneral.go...r_Protection_Law.pdf

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote