Find
Notify
Tools

help needed importing firearms from RSA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
A co-worker of mine moved here (lawfully) from RSA. He has a couple firearms (including two handguns) that he would like to have shipped here. Can anyone on A-R recommend who to work with on this? We have a local FFL dealer that will receive them once they get properly imported, get through customs, etc

Thanks in advance

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

I've used Glenn Baker at Woodcock Hill in Pennsylvania, but can't your local FFL import himself?

www.woodcockhill.com

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top of the Google search:

www.simpsonltd.com/import

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips. My local FFL declined the international importation aspect as he had a real lengthy ordeal a couple years ago attempting to get a shipment from India.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,
I'm an FFL in Hartland. The serious legwork on he import thing is handled by the import broker. The FFL really does not have that much to do. If you still want to go through with this, give me a call at the shop: 810 348 4112.
Mike Ryan

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If your co-worker plans on making any trips back and forth, he can just apply with the ATF using a Form 6. When it comes back approved he should be able to bring them in himself. He just needs to have the approved Form 6 with him when he comes thru customs.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote