New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOBODY KNOWS???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
does or can anyone recomend a gunsmith to re-do my sako TRGS in 338 lapua?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Re-do what part?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I think any competant Smith can diagnos and rechamber if needed. Where are you from? Check people in your area, ask around the range etc.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dempsey,
My guess, if we can diverge a bit, is that he is from Poulsbo Washington. A City that is most famous for their incredible multigrain bread, 49 different grains or 1,356 or something, it is good. Your trivia for the day.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I fI remeber correctly, you were having to knock the shells out with a cleaning rod. A few things can cause this, but the most common is to have a too tight neck cut in the chamber. If possible, neck turn a handful of cases and load and shoot them. If it is ok, then either neck turn all cases or have some one recut the chamber neck. Some one can do a chamber cast and measure the neck and see what it is. THis may or may not be easier for you than neck turning some cases

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote