Find
Notify
Tools

New Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader Work
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted
I'm new to the ML scene but wondering if Remington's new Ultimate ml could benefit from blueprinting the action? For those of you that are not familiar with this ML, it uses a shortened 308 case and magnum rifle primer as the ignition source. THis fits into a breechplug in the receiver. The rifle is built on a modified Rem 700 short action.

I took it to the range last week and the accuracy was impressive with open sights. Now I'm thinking after the season is over, I will tinker around with it and see just how much accuracy I can get.

Posts: 894 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No, nothing you do to the bolt and receiver will help; since there is practically no thrust on the bolt, then the receiver harmonics aren't affected like they are in a center fire. Bedding is still important. It is not like a center fire where the brass case and bolt are part of the launch system; here they are not. And I have built several MLs this way on Mauser and Enfield actions.

Posts: 17192 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote