THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone to refinish and recut checkering.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Well I have a stock that has been sitting in the closet for several years. Above average wood. I got ready to refinish it. As I started cleaning out the checkering (you guessed it) I got crossed and ended up messing up one grip panel. So I'm looking for someone to clean the other panels and recut the one I messed up. Sicne my list of honey-dos is so darn long Looking for someone that can complete the refinish as well. I had someone in Texas City lined up. Called to make sure he would be home today. Drove 70 miles oneway to be told by his wife he was sick could I come back.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tip Burns does this. He's in Canyon Lake TX. Everything he's done for me and my buds has been 1st rate. He's at 830-935-3338. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tip Burns does this

Does Tip do the work or does John Valicek? I have John doing some checkering now. He is on my option list.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What I understand from Tip is he does the ordinary stuff, and sends the complicated to John. He lists checkering on his web site. www.burnsgunrepair.com

Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another good hand to check with...David Christman, Delhi Louisiana 318-878-1395

one of us
posted Hide Post
We do that type of work but I am up here in Maine if you want either Email at theworkshop@tds.net or call at 207-938-3595

It is not what you hunt with, it is how you hunt that matters!

Posts: 130 | Location: St. Albans Maine | Registered: 29 June 2003Reply With Quote