New
Find
Notify
Tools

glass bedding an Adl
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am not a gunsmith but i know my way around my gun but i am trying to make my rem. adl 270. win more accurate and i was wandering if someone can tell me how to glassbed my gun?if there is any other suggestions please feel free to share
thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
This site will give you detailed instructions: http://www.acraglas.com/

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try free floating the barrel first. You very well may save yourself some work. Every rifle I own is floated and they all shoot small groups.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
how do i free float it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Free float the barrel by taking the pressure point off the front of the forearm, and make sure the stock is not touching the barrel anywhere else.

I would recommend pillar bedding over just glass bedding.

Jim

Posts: 209 | Location: Heart of the Bluegrass, KY | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a Gunline Barrel Bedding Tool. Available from Brownell's 800-741-0015 #364-700-500. Just pull it through the barrel channel until the desired amount of wood is removed.I remove just enough wood so I can pull a dollar bill folded in half the full length of the barrel channel. As a precaution I put a couple layers of masking tape on the stock in case the tool slips out of the channel.
Seal the barrel channel with tru oil or any other stock finish to keep moisture out. It's worked well for me on dozens of rifles including my Son's 77 Ruger which has a very light weight barrel.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote