Find
Notify
Tools

BRNO ZKK 600 vs. CZ 550 barrel threads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,

A friend of mine have a BRNO ZKK 600 in .270 Win. He wants to convert it to 9,3x62. He can get a CZ 550 9,3x62 barrel.
Anyone do know if the CZ 550 barrels have the same threads as the ZKK 600 barrels?

Thank you

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee

To my knowledge CZ does not sell barrels. I have never heard of their warranty centers installing factory barrels either. They just seem to replace the entire gun.

I don't have a drawing left in captivity, but the 550 is M26x2 just off the top of my head. If memory serves, because of the short shank, the cowboys with no metric transposing gears often cut them to a 13 TPI crush fit and work them on with a big wrench. It's not exactly a good or by any means accurate way of doing things, but I know that it's being done to death.

I can't remember the ZKK 600 dimensions. Perhaps one of the others on this forum can remember.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you speerchucker.

PH