Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel Reboring/Dan Pedersen.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone had work done by this man?
He prices around $270 to rebore and rechamber.
Makes sense if say you had a barrel with integral features costing $2000 or more to replace,you could turn a worn 7x57 M98 into a 30/06 without replacing the barrel.
Would like to know what his results are like.
http://www.cutrifle.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never had a Pedersen barrel, but he makes them for Fred Wells who is on of America's elite gunmakers.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have. The work was first class and he is a gentleman to boot.

Very knowledgeable, too. Call him and talk to him. He did an FN barrel for me. Another smith in my state had turned it down, saying he didn't thing it could be done.

Gun shoots!

Posts: 151 | Location: MI | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
he is currently doing a 338-378 for me I will post results when I get the rifle back.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danny has done two bbls for me and is building a rifle for me at this time. I know Danny personally and think very highly of him. Not only is he a first class craftsman, but also a first class individual.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Dan rebored my .400 wildcat to 404 Jeff and it was very nicely done. I liked the Krieger barrel and his price. His reputation, work, and personality are sterling.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote