THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    How to determine height for front and rear iron sights

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to determine height for front and rear iron sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am in need of some advice. I am wanting to change out the front/rear sights on an octagon barrel that is 34 inches in length. How do I determine(match These)the proper height for both?
Thanks
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coues:
I am in need of some advice. I am wanting to change out the front/rear sights on an octagon barrel that is 34 inches in length. How do I determine(match These)the proper height for both?
Thanks
coues

Brownells has a sight height chart and the formulas in their catalog...and I’m sure it is available on their web site also.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Here's the link. Brownells Gun Tech

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You both. Never tried this before. I ordered a catalog as well.
Thanks again
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote