New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help...Conetrol rings are driving me crazy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For the last 3 days I have been trying to mount a Zeiss conquest 3.5x10 scope on a custom FN commercial action. The 1st day I got really good at getting the rings on the scope & in the bases but all 3 days the bottom part of the crosshairs are canted right. I have done probably 20 complete re does & keep coming off in roughly the same amount. I have tried holding the scope & havinf a friend hit the gun with the palm of his hamd but the scope just won't move.. To make things worse these are Custum rings so I'll have to carefully screw in the bottom holding screws into the rings after I get It level. This is the 1st time I've tried putting Conetrol rings on without drinking.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the 1st time I've tried putting Conetrol rings on without drinking.

It's a national holiday...start drinking! Wait a few minutes if you don't like drinking before noon.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
After a few Stolichynaya shooters you may find that the cross hairs aren't canted at all.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good ideas guys. Need some juice in the blood.
The scope must be started with the crosshairs off in the other direction just like with weaver rings. As you tighten, the scope turns so just get the crosshairs off to the other side before tightening. Might take a few times to get it right. You can't hold it in place.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote