New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canjar Triggers? - Contact info found.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I remember hearing about these triggers alot growing up, are they still in business? Does anyone have contact info?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I asked before I looked. If anyone else needs the info, try here:

SST's Canjar Info

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're still around, but I don't think they have a website yet:

MH Canjar Co./Canjar Triggers
500 E. 45th Ave.
Denver, CO 80216
(303)295-2638

I have a couple, both are single-set triggers on varmint style hunting rifles. I like them for that application.

Good luck getting one, or parts for one, I hear they are very backlogged and sort of independent. The last one I ordered was in '97 and it took me about six months to get it.

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CAREFUL. It took five (5) years for me to get a couple of Canjar Krag triggers, paid in advance, supposed to take six weeks, finally arrived 2003.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vigillinus...how did you get your so fast??!!! I haven't received the ones I ordered in 1984 yet!!!!!!

Posts: 1657 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I waited 18 months for a single set trigger on one of my varmit rigs.

I pretty much just ordered it, called my gunsmith every few weeks for six months asking where it is. After six months I kind of forgot about it. Then I was surprised to get a call from my gunsmith after 18 months saying that it was in.

I guess what everyone is saying is that don't order a Canjar trigger if you need it in prior to 2007 or 2008. If you really want one, place your order and forget about it. You will be surprised in a couple of years when you finally get it.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Reminds me of the one about the doddering old man of 80 who answered the door to find a UPS man with a long narrow box.

Quoth the old fellow, "At last! The Purdey double express rifle my grandfather ordered!!"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Payment in advance is the norm, then they sit on the order until they have enough orders to do a run of them (or so they explained it to me). If you happen to be lucky enough to get in close to a full order, they're pretty quick (my last 788 trigger took about 6 months), if you're looking for something odd, 5 years may be the time taken. They are great triggers, but don't be in a hurry. - dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just getting in touch with them is a feat. Normally nobody answers the phone, and they only call back under certain weather conditions (or so it seems). Good luck.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote