Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone going to Reno this Year?

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
You mean everyone isn't ?
It is sort of an annual pilgrimage for us fundamentalist fanatics.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't miss it; been going since '95 or so.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:

I go just to watch Jim head for seconds at the banquet. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there, and am really looking forward to it! The Guild exposition is the ultimate gun show. It is inspiring to look at all the fine work displayed there.

If you come up to a display of a beautifully engraved French grayed Wesson #1 rifle, with a tall, ruggedly handsome man behind the table, ask him when I will be back.

Glenn Fewless

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be showing an interesting project this year, I converted a Ruger Number One to .22 Rim fire... It's the first one I've done.. It has a octagon Barrel with custom scope bases... I hope to deliver it to the customer Sunday afternoon..

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I'll be there for my first time so go easy on me. Big Grin

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going again this year. I was in one of your classes at Trinidad for surface grinding Mausers and quarter ribs etc. A friend of mine from that same class, Mark Purcell is going as well. See you there !

Freddy Johle
Wichita Falls, TX

Craftsman

Posts: 1545 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Stratton:
I'll be showing an interesting project this year, I converted a Ruger Number One to .22 Rim fire... It's the first one I've done.. It has a octagon Barrel with custom scope bases... I hope to deliver it to the customer Sunday afternoon..

The customer is looking forward to taking delivery. See you there, Mark!

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
when is it and where is it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Stratton:

Pictures?

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I'll be there and am looking forward to picking up my newest baby, the 7-30 Waters martini cadet that Duane Wiebe built for me. My daughter will likely be one of the ladies helping to display auction items at the banquet, so keep your hands to your self or she'll disarm you.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
One more year goes by that I won't be there. One of my toys will be though. Shane Thompson is going to borrow my Mini Mauser from James Anderson and show it off.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am attending the show for the first time this year. Looking forward to it.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:

I go just to watch Jim head for seconds at the banquet. Big Grin

Well this year at least wave when I get up there so I know who to send the single malt to.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really wish the guys who post here would at least supply a real name so I can meet them when I recognize the name. Either that or have the registration girls put your handle on the name tag.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
I'll be there for my first time so go easy on me. Big Grin

Mr. Farner:

Are you applying for membership?

Glenn Fewless

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't we set up a meeting spot and time. There are several bars at the hotel, I'm sure they won't mind a few extra customers talking about guns or how to build them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Jim if it's a face with a name to go along with a handle your after .

I can PM a Pic of my Mug or think of me as Tom Hanks in Castaway , after being marooned

several years . Most people thought I looked like a dead ringer for

that character with the Bear on a TV show Years ago , Grizzly Adams .

I don't know what the Temp is in Reno now or will be in a few weeks .

Some how I'm seriously doubting if my Wife is going to say sure Honey lets go .

As you can see it's 86 and 74 at night and it took me 6 months of BS to get my dogs

a permit to be here . So for the next 34 days our residence is

1/10 of a degree South of Paradise . I'm afraid this is where we are .

Please post pictures on the forum or some where ?. so I can see the Likes of all of

you and your Magnificent works of Artistic Iron .

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Doc224,

I'd a hell of a lot rather be where you are than with a bunch or hairy legged gunmakers.

Have fun.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1633 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know Roger, that happened to me last year.. I have a blonde girlfriend that is 6 feet tall and has legs all the way to the ground... Last year I didn't tell her the dates to the Guild show, so she book a cruise to Mexico for the same weekend. I asked myself, lets see, 80 to 90 degree weather on the beach drinking beer looking at half naked women, or go to the Guild show in Reno, maybe in the middle of a snow storm? I haven't been to a guild show in 2 years...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost forgot about it and as a result I won't get into reno until about 10 pm friday night. So I hope to meet some of you guys on Saturday. I plan to attend the banquet and stay for the seminars.

Chad Mercer

Posts: 85 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Farner:

Not this year; I'm just hoping they actually let me in to look around. Wink

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trez Hensley
posted Hide Post
I'll be there and will have Clay Barker's (LUX) 2 Gibbs Farquarsons with me. The 450/400 he posted over in the single shot forum and the 303 the other of the pair that has equally nice if not better wood on it (personal preference here). I'd love to own them Wink.

Swing by the table if you get there and say hello. I'd like to meet a few more of you guys.

Trez Hensley-ACGG
Custom Gunmaker
Curious about who Jesus is? Click hereChristianity-or- contact me

Posts: 485 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
quote:
Mr. Farner:

Not this year; I'm just hoping they actually let me in to look around. Wink

Shucks, coming in and looking around is the whole point of the exposition. By all means come on in. You will find it inspiring.
Glenn

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got some airmiles I might use and no money to spend, but I'd like to look around.....where is a good place to stay near the show at a reasonable price?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think most of the hotels are probably filled due to the ACGG show and Safari Club convention running concurently. Try the Silver Legacy website and specify a rate for the ACGG show. Otherwise there are a few motels in the close proximity.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've kept my yap shut long enough waiting for someone to mention this year's Guild project firearm. Being naturally modest, I didn't want to open the subject. But since no one has said anything, here goes! This year's rifle is a Winchester M1885 Special Single Shot in .22 Hornet with Unertl scope & Damascus steel stock hardware & knife.

Al Lind did a great job on the stock & Jerome Glimm did a superb job of engraving. I did the metalwork & you can decide for yourself about that.

The rifle will be on display in Reno & the winning raffle ticket draw at the conclusion of the Show on Sunday afternoon. More infor about the rifle & tickets is at http://www.acgg.org/raffle/firearm-raffle-projects.

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger,
You guys did a beautiful job!
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be pulling out on Tuesday for Reno, ..it's a long drive and tonight it's -52, so hope the weather's a bit better and no blizzards. After so many years attending the two shows together it's like "Old Home Week"!

Barry

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If come up to a display of a beautifully engraved French grayed Wesson #1 rifle, with a tall, ruggedly handsome man behind the table, ask him when I will be back.

The description fits me to a tee and I will be there also. The ruggedly handsome doesn't fit bu the tall part does. Wink I will be around Glenn's table unless I'ma looking for wood.

Doug Mann

Posts: 10 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I've got some airmiles I might use and no money to spend, but I'd like to look around.....where is a good place to stay near the show at a reasonable price?

The Silver Legacy, Circus Circus, and the El Dorado are all under the same roof. I am told the Circus is the cheapest.

Glenn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGunWorks:

The rifle will be on display in Reno & the winning raffle ticket draw at the conclusion of the Show on Sunday afternoon. More infor about the rifle & tickets is at http://www.acgg.org/raffle/firearm-raffle-projects.

Gentlemens:

This is a great rifle and well worth buying a raffle ticket or seven for. It is based on a rare Winchester take down low wall action. I have only seen two others and one was a picture. The workmanship is first rate all around.

Another good reason to come to Reno...

Glenn

one of us
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, I wasn't planning on going, don't have money for a motel room, but mark said "bar" I might consider it. Big Grin

I know I won't afford the trip this year, but next year I'll make it. anybody find themselves unfortunate enough to be in Fresno let me know. I'm good for a drink.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogersGunWorks:
This year's rifle is a Winchester M1885 Special Single Shot in .22 Hornet with Unertl scope & Damascus steel stock hardware & knife.

I did the metalwork & you can decide for yourself about that.

I have only seen the pics in Gunmaker, but I thought it looks like a great rifle. I bought 5 tickets and am hoping to examine it here in my house in due time! If I am lucky enough to be drawn I will use it for calling fox here around the house. She will be treated nicely, but I sure would not be afraid to take her out in the woods.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I wonder who is running the guild website.

They have never had expandable photos. You can't see a damn thing on a website photo that is 2"x2 1/2".

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1633 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scrollcutter...I'll send you a copy of the newsletter aka "Gunmaker"...tells all about the web site, the executive in charge, protocol....everything!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trez Hensley:
I'll be there and will have Clay Barker's (LUX) 2 Gibbs Farquarsons with me. The 450/400 he posted over in the single shot forum and the 303 the other of the pair that has equally nice if not better wood on it (personal preference here). I'd love to own them Wink.

Swing by the table if you get there and say hello. I'd like to meet a few more of you guys.

Funny you should mention that!! We discussed that rifle more than once when Adam and Clay were at my house eating dinner this past weekend. Cannot wait to see it---I will just take it home and Clay can stop by and see it once in a while!! jumping

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote