Find
Notify
Tools

30 mm rings for ZG-47?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello,
I bought a ZG-47 in 30-06 today. Now I just need some low and nice rings for 30 mm scopes. Who makes the best 30 mm rings? the gun was in great condition, actually one of the best ZG-47's I've ever seen

Henrik

Posts: 81 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Henrik---I have done some phoning around the Vancouver, B.C. area and have checked the Talley Mounts lists as I wanted some for one of my ZG-47s to mount my LPS for a treestand outfit. Nobody makes these that I can find, but, Conetrol might.

I have decided to strip my rifle to make a 9.3x62 as it is the short bbl. version and I have another std. wt. in .30-06. So, I put the LPS on a Pre-64 FWT-.30-06 for the purpose outlined. I don't like the size and bulk of 30mm scopes for the hunting I do, but, I realize things are different in Europe.

When I get back from my up-coming Bear and Turkey hunt, I will contact Conetrol and let you know, this will be in about two weeks. I have used Conetrol mounts on two or three Brno ZKKs I have had, including a .375 ouch and ouch and they do work although they are a bit of a pain in the ass to install. Anyway, I will let you know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kutenaymtnboy,
that would be great. I need to be able to use one of my 30 mm scopes for some of my hunting. Even though a 1" scope will do for at least 90% of my hunting needs. But if you find any nice 30 mm ring I'll be most interested.

Henrik

posted Hide Post
Henrik!
What dimensions dose the grooves have? if it has 19mm i think Warne has maked fitting rings and if its 16mm as on the newer Brno modells they still make them. Enyhove call Tommys vapenverkstad they probably have what you are looking fore.

/smygaren

Posts: 17 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Henrik- Warne makes nice 30mm rings for the ZG. They may be available from Talley as well, don't know for sure. Congrats on the new ZG!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GBF
posted Hide Post
Henrik, I contacted Talley about 30mm rings for my CZ-550. They do not have them and are not going to make them according to their answer. Warne does however make them. So does EAW from whom I would buy if they were not so expensive.

Regards

Posts: 392 | Location: Insula Thule | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hej Smygaren,
who do I get in contact with Tommys vapenverkstad?
I have ordered rings from warne but I didnt really liked the way the looked. But I'll have to wait and se how they look on the gun.

Henrik

posted Hide Post
Hej Henrik
The number to Tommys 036-142220,,,but ther is no rings that can look moore right on your rifle than Warne.

/Smygaren

Posts: 17 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hejsan

I have a set of the Lynx rings made by B-Square and sold by Brownells. I am quite happy with the workmanship.

They have some 30mm rings. Have a look at B-Sqaure rings for Sako and Brno at Brownell's

If by chance you happen to be one of the many rifle loonies in Ume�, send me a personal message or email and you can look at the rings I have (they are 1 inch, but will let you decide about the general design).

If you find any cheap ZG-47's with good receivers (I don't care about barrel or stock) please let me know!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jpb,
I checked the Lynx rings on Brownells site and they might be the way to go. But I'm not sure.
I'll wait untill I get my Warne rings and then we'll see.

Did you buy direct from Brownells or did you find your rings somewhere else?

Henrik

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hej Henrik

I got my rings from Brownells, but during a visit to the US. Shipping to Europe is a problem for them (and many other US companies) lately!

I also have Warne (QD) rings and I'm quite happy with them too. Quality is about the same.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote