THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 300 H&H on Ruger action -- any problems?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
like Ramrod says,...the action is too short for anything on the full length H&H case. That's why you never see a standard Ruger long action in 300 Wtby, 7STW,etc. Just build a 300 Win Mag,..it will fit.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Now that's a good idea. I hadn't considered such a simple conversion to get a 375 in a ruger action. Sure beats the price of the official 'safari' model by any maker. I wonder if the stock will have cracking problems? I know it wouldn't if converted to the 300 H&H as the original poster asked, but the 375 might be a different story. maxman

By the time you figured in the cost of the regular action (donor rifle), all the parts and all the gunsmithing, I bet it wouldn't beat the price of the safari model. I seriously dought you could beat the price even if you already had the action. Well, maybe if the gunsmith was family, that might help a little

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
The action will have to altered. I'm not sure what all would have to be done but the normal Ruger mag action is to short for the H&H.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote