THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    I Need A New Forearm For A Browning A-5, Any Suggestions?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need A New Forearm For A Browning A-5, Any Suggestions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Brownells seems kinda high, where else can I find one?

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, call Browning. or website:

http://www.browning.com/homepage/index.asp

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fix it, retire it. I finally found a scattergun worthy of replacing the venerable A-5 ...the Benelli Super Black Eagle. Ol' J.M. Browning was way ahead of his time, wasn't he?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to suggest Ahlmans in Minnesota. they have bins and bins of used gun parts and gun stocks and all kinds of stuff. they just might have what you are looking for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try midwestgunworks.com, ex Browning people. They also have Browning Stalker forearms and stocks(black plastic). They also have Browning invector plus barrels for steel shot.
If it's a 20 ga. try Barry Parker @ Parker Gun Shop in Cut Off, Louisiana. He bought out FN's entire stock of parts a few years ago.
Don't let anyone lie to you. The best shotgun of 2005 was also the best shotgun of 1905. The more things change the more they stay the same. A-5's rule.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for the Stock for your A5. I just bought both stocks for my Sweet 16. I got them directly from Browning. I like Brownells but Browning was less expensive and they were factory originals. If my memory doesn't fail me I think I paid about $125.00 for both stocks.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Check out Ebay. Seen a few the other day.

Posts: 15 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: 11 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been hunting with shotguns for 40 years, the last 10 years with an A5.

When I shoot an A5, I ask, "Where have you been all my life?"

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote