Find
Notify
Tools

Savage "Automatic", shotgun.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi.
I just bought a Savage "Automatic" shotgun, 12GA, 5 shot, 2 3/4 chamber. But the butt-stock is not original, the "new" one is a BAD fit, home made, UGGLY thing that I want to put into my fireplace.
I havent heard about this Savage -model before, but it's the exact same thing as the Browning, Auto 5 (also called FN-Browning). Looks exactly the same. And maybe it is a licence-made copy of the Browning?
Does anybody know if this is the same thing, and if the (spare part)-buttstock for the Browning, Auto 5 fitts this gun??
I need to know, so I can order the right thing. It looks like no one here in Norway have this thing in their shelfs, so it has to be ordered from the US, I think. And then it would be nice to recieve somthing that fitts, I belive you know what I mean.
I'd like to shine this shotgun up again. The action and barrel is in very good condition.
Please give me some advice!! [Frown]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Savage made a copy of the A5 under license from Browning. And also made copies of same under various names for others. One was the "Ted Williams" for Sears. I also believe Remington made a copy under license also. As to parts interchanging, especially stocks, I don't know. Safest way would be to get a blank from someone like Boyds and fit it to the gun.

[ 03-13-2003, 14:25: Message edited by: Bubba John ]

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
460 Weatherby--

THat could be the Model 750-C, 750, 720, 745, or Springfield 745B or 745C. There are small differences in them all and ALL are different than the A-5 Browning.

You might be able to find one at Jack First Co. in, I think, Prescott, Arizona.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys!! [Big Grin]

I just love this forum!! There is so much knowledge out there, and it seems like we have a lot of it gathered here. [Eek!] [Smile]

I sleep much better during the night now, without some questions stuck in my head. I just ask you guys, and go to bed. [Wink]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote