THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Grip Caps,End caps and Butt Plates?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an interest in locating a supplier for grip caps and butt plates in stainless or silver for a 3 rifle project that I am undertaking.

Any information is appreciated.

Robert

Bruz

"Honor,Courage and Character"

NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 342 | Location: Jawja | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of places to check with - Jack First Gun Shop in Rapid City, SD.

he other is Numrich Gun Parts, To place an order, call toll-free 866-NUMRICH (866-686-7424).
For Customer Service, call 845-679-4867. Or email at info@gunpartscorp.com
Toll-free fax (U.S. and Canada): 877-486-7278

If neither one of these folks work out, you need to make a trip to the Tulsa, OK Gun Show. It is held in the spring and fall of every year. There are two dealers that specialize in such parts. But you have to look through the parts so you can find exactly what it is you want. Look up the show on the internet to get the dates and more information. It is a great gunshow to attend.

Good Luck

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you call Roger Biesen and see what he can do for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hear what interest there is in stainless rifle accessories. Please let me know at cgrs@earthlink.net Please bear in mind that I'd need a run of 25 pieces to make it break even

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

My 3 rifle project consists of a 10/22 SS International, an M77 MKII SS International in 257R and a Ruger #1 SS International in 35 Whelen. The rifles are to be stocked in exhibition grade walnut mannlicher stocks and fitted with stainless (or silver if I must) butt plates,grip caps and end caps.

These are being built to be passed to my 3 children. Please send me a PM if you would be interested in creating the pieces.

Thanks,

Robert

Bruz

"Honor,Courage and Character"

NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 342 | Location: Jawja | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane, I have a question... How often do you get requests to build stainless/walnut guns? Got any pics of any you have done? Or are the requests for stainless only stocked in plastic?

TIA...

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might be easier to use regular steel, then have them nickel plated.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MKane160:
Duane, I have a question... How often do you get requests to build stainless/walnut guns? Got any pics of any you have done? Or are the requests for stainless only stocked in plastic?

TIA...

MKane160

+1 on that. I'm curious too, have in mind to do one in s/s and walnut.Have the blank, have the donor action and would love to see some results.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to the winchester custom shop back about 3 years ago and with thier stainless/walnut ultimate classics. They nickel plate regular steel for the "accessories", I am planing on using german silver on a couple of stainless/wood rifle that I have in the works right now except for the crossbolts I will have plated. I don't know his inventory but Roger Biesen does his skeleton caps and plates in this metal and he is doing the work on my rifles.

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote