Find
Notify
Tools

husqvarna model 96
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-51
posted
hello everyone. i have a question. i recently discovered my local gun shop has 4 husqvarna made model 96 mausers dated 41-43. have any of you had experience with the particular rifles? they are 6.5x55mm and priced at $140. i have no experience with these guns and would like some opinions of them before i buy. are they fairly strong guns? would customizing them be a waste of time and money? any opinions are welcome. thanks.

Posts: 128 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x-51:
hello everyone. i have a question. i recently discovered my local gun shop has 4 husqvarna made model 96 mausers dated 41-43. have any of you had experience with the particular rifles? they are 6.5x55mm and priced at $140. i have no experience with these guns and would like some opinions of them before i buy. are they fairly strong guns? would customizing them be a waste of time and money? any opinions are welcome. thanks.

The M 96 is a great rifle [Smile] The 6.5 X 55 is a great cartridge. If these are not a collector item(to you) then customize away, sporter stock, shorten bbl, new sights etc! If the chamber and barrel are good I would leave it a 6.5X55 a great deer cart!! [Big Grin]

Good luck!!

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You bet. Probably the best of the non-98 Mausers. And for deer hunting you can't beat the 6.5 X 55. I have three in that caliber, and a couple of commercial 96's (husky 46) in 9.3 mm. Great rifles. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote