THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holland's Remington 700 trigger springs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlmen,
Has anyone found the Holland Remington 700 Trigger Spring kit to be worthwhile? I'm planning to take the Jewell HVR out of my Remington LTR and will be going back to the factory trigger. Is the holland kit a worthwhile investment? They claim a safe 2 pound trigger. Lastly, will the addition of a Wolff Blitzschnell firing pin spring affect the pull weight? Thank you, Matt Garrett.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt in Virginia:
Gentlmen,
Has anyone found the Holland Remington 700 Trigger Spring kit to be worthwhile? I'm planning to take the Jewell HVR out of my Remington LTR and will be going back to the factory trigger. Is the holland kit a worthwhile investment? They claim a safe 2 pound trigger. Lastly, will the addition of a Wolff Blitzschnell firing pin spring affect the pull weight? Thank you, Matt Garrett.

Matt..I did not find the trigger spring kit to be a worthwile investment...my 700 trigger wouldn't adjust to suit me as my several other 700triggers but it started at 8lbs..I tried the Holland springs and they were some better but didn't make the trigger even as good as my factory triggers in other Rem.guns.....I went to Jewell HVR....after feeling the Jewell I can't believe that you will be satisfied with a factory trigger and spring kit....the firing spring will effect the trigger slightly and without professional stoneing of the sear I don't think you will be happy with that factory trigger....not after a Jewell......good luck and good shooting!!@!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BDACP,
I would have to agree going from the Jewell back to a factory Remington is a tradeoff. However, I had installed the Jewell, and a 8.5-25x50 Leupold LRT to establish the accuracy potential of the rifle. An 8 ouce trigger and scope that's almost as long as the barrel makes for a strange combination. At least to look at if not to shoot. Thanks for your take.

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote