THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Did I reassemble my mod70 too aggressively?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Blue, pig hunting, Paso Robles area of central Ca just a bit inland from the coast.

Jim,

I know I tried about 4 times and couldn't line them up right. The whole head is not flush with the side of the action, but it looks like it is in all the way because any deeper and the end of the pin on the other side might interfere with the ejector. And I guarantee the damn thing ain't moving under any force that gun can generate! :-)

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey all, last night I reassembled my 375 safari expres after getting the triggerguard back from Scrollcutter with my monogram gold inlaid (I was going to post pictures but my hunt got moved up and I had to spend the time loading and getting my stuff together).

Anyways, the pin that holds the sear? (the part that hinges just above the trigger and actually releases the firing pin) took some good raps with the push punch and my small ball peen to get it in deep. Just wanted to make sure that was normal. It looks to be seated at the right depth now and shop testing shows the whole unit is functioning properly.

Interested bolt release design by the way, doesn't seem very sturdy with that little spring putting the tension on it.

I will post pics of Roger's great work when I get back from my hunt.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Red

What are you hunting this time of the year?

Blue