New
Find
Notify
Tools

win 88
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
anyone know a good gunsmith I can send a winchester 88 to get the action slicked up and the trigger fixed up a little? Does not look like I will be selling mine for what I want on it, so I might as well get it into shape for me!

maybe with some instruction I could do the work myself??

dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
lubbockdave,

Win 88's are totally useless, worthless pieces of crap! They can't shoot at all, and will jam as soon as you pick them up. Forget it mate, don't even bother!

As a favour to a fellow shooter, however, I would be prepared to relieve you of that troublesome piece of junk, and free you of all and any concerns.

Truthfully, I've lusted after an '88 for years, but they're hard to get in Australia. What calibre is yours, and how much do you want for it?

pm me with details if you prefer.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rogue River Rifle Works in California used to, and perhaps still does, make complete custom 88s, I saw a couple at a SHOT Show a few years ago, the triggers had been worked over and were excellent. FYI the later 88s, the ones that came with impressed checkering, the post-64s, were mechanically improved over the first series. I do not know the serial number for the changeover.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pm reply - being in Oz may make things tricky!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pm sent...

one of us
posted Hide Post
the rogue rivver folks want $4800 to work on the trrigger and do a total freakin rebuild! Nope! I'll keep her as is--it is not THAT BAD!

Dave