Find
Notify
Tools

375H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello

I am thinking about having a rifle rebarreled to a 375H&H. Do I need to have an extra recoil lug on the barrel? Thank you in advance for your help!

Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't hurt, but none that I own (pre-64 M70, ZKK602, Whitworth) have them and no problems.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto it won't hurt, but a front and rear crossbolt would be my hot setup.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it would depend more on what type of stock you had and had it was built.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
My new M70 came with the barrel mounted lug and front and rear crossbolts. Plus, I relieved the area behind the tang and glass bedded the action. The second lug is probably overkill but I'm real confident that the stock will never crack, so maybe it isn't.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote