New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-30
 Login/Join

<mcdonald>
posted
I just picked up a mod.94 from a pawn shop for my son. It shots just fine but the finger loop seems to be loose,when you shake it it wants to drop down about a half a inch does any on have any suggestions on which pins and pieces I should change.. Many thanks Rocky

------------------

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Is it a top eject or angle eject model? I'm guessing it is a top eject model. Does just the lever drop, or does the bottom assembly drop down a little? Does the locking bar drop down at all? (that is the thing with the firing pin in it that moves up and down with the lever). The bottom assembly thing is called the link, and there is a friction stud in it that holds it tight into the frame. If you pinch the link just in front of the trigger does it keep the lever up? There is a little friction stud if I remember correctly, check to see that is not worn or seized up. Check the recess where it fits into also, might be some debris in there too.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
<mcdonald>
posted
Mark it is a top eject mod94.ser#4688296,if you tap on the stock the entire assembly will drop downabout one half inch thenif I shack it it will try to completely open up. It may be the friction stud,I have acouple of commemorative that have a lot more tension on them, may also change the finger link pin.Thanks for the reply. Thanks Rocky Mcdonald