THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    where can i find mark X action or barreled action in sewden?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where can i find mark X action or barreled action in sewden?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
can you please tell me who is importing to sweden?
br
Danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Tippex>
posted
www.vapex.se They import and sell the rifles under their original name Zastava.
Regards

one of us
posted Hide Post
Question is why?? Are you looking to buy a MarkX - or put another way: are you really sure you want to buy a Mark X?? I bought one about 10 years back - there were not a whole bunch of reasonably prized custom actions available at the time, and it was too expensive to go with an original Mauser (due to all the mods needed on a military action).

Well, the rifle came out fine, but it was an awful lot of cash to put into a custom rifle, which after all was based around a Mark X...

I'm not being snobby about this, but the action needed a lot of work before it ran decently, the trigger was nothing to write home about (got a Timney in the end), and the front action screw-threads killed the screw until they were re-cut.

Rest assured, if you go to the expense of building a rifle, in the end it will be expensive enough that it was worth it putting in the few extra $$$ to get a good action. Don't know if you can get Sakos in Sweden, but I have had good results with those (although I prefer a M70 safety). Alternatively, there seem to be several M70 look-alikes coming onto the market in the States...

FWIW - mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<hd352802>
posted
Danny,as mentioned,the Mark X is just the Zastava imported in the States as Mark X. Availlable here, Belgium,for ~500�.Nothing wrong with it but no high quality,just good value for the money.It is even possible to get them with military action for ~400�.

Hugh.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi
Thanks for replies.
The reason for choosing this action is that charls daly have them in stainless stell and a mauser action in stainless is all i need for building a custom gun may be with a walter barrel ,if the quality is good,
BR
Danny

<Tippex>
posted
Danny Pay, sorry but i believe that Vapex only sells the normal blued steel version. "torsbohandels.com" has one used .375hh for 3700:- Swedish. Maybe you can use it and have it matte chromed or some other "stainless finish". But maybe you want stainless steel for its strenght. Good Luck !

one of us
posted Hide Post
hi tippex
I called vapex this morning they do not import zastava any more and have a few action in carbon steel from the past in magnum seize. for this matter i prefer an old husqvarna98(i beleive quality is higher) if i can't find a stainless actin.
br
danny