Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first custom rifle. THANKS John Ricks
 Login/Join

posted
Win model 70 SA about ten years old revamped, action trued, trigger work, larger screws for scope base etc... 6.5/284 27" Kreiger SS 1/8 twist light target contour .290 neck chambered for 140gr MK style bullets with a Vais muzzle brake. This went into a Winchester Coyote stock which I was going to pillar and bed. I met with him before the job and he gave some pointers on how to do it and that he would cut my pillars to length for me to make it easy. The time frame went about 3 weeks over what he thought initially, the whole time I said [Eek!] "take your time this is my first time and I want it to be special" [Eek!] so I think he went a little above and beyond and installed the pillars at no charge. I will know when I get the rifle back, he said he would ship it back then I could send the money. If his work is as good as his heart (which I am sure it is) I will be seeing bugholes in my future. While I was waiting I found a good deal on a HS Precision stock like on the stealth model for rugged times.
Thanks to John Ricks

Roddy

[ 03-14-2003, 07:59: Message edited by: Roddy ]

Posts: 23 | Location: Seattle, Wa. | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Winchester and John Ricks part sound right on.

Enjoy that rifle.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here it is:

-

Win M70 action, 8 inch twist Krieger 27 inch Stainless barrel, Vais brake, Tactical one piece base, 8-40 screws, chambered for 6.5x284 Lapua brass. Neck turning required, has a 0.290" neck. Throated for 142 grain Sierra Matchkings. 14 pounds as pictured.

Nice 'yote rifle.

[ 03-18-2003, 07:10: Message edited by: John Ricks ]

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She is a real beauty. I have a stock Coyote in 243 win right now. The stock doesn't fit me very well but I sure like the action and 3 postion safety.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote