New
Find
Notify
Tools

M-60 mp4 extended barrel life
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
M-60 mp E4 the all New ,Al Qaeda Harvester !!!

May be cobalt steel ,not quite sure .

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I'm really surprised the barrel was not red friggin hot. I think the only thing keeping the gun alive is the slow cyclic rate of fire. If that was an SAW it would have smoked the barrel cherry red.

But and FYI John M Browning when testing the 1917 .30 cal for the US government shot over 20,000 rounds in one sitting. Changing belts as they went with not one malfunction. The US army was sold on it right there and then. That was the water cooled version. Then they tested the 1919 same results just a hotter barrel

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
What an improvement!!! I could have used that gun on more than one occasion. As an 0331 (machinegunner to non-Marines) I humped the 60 through rice paddies and jungles and loved every minute of it; OK, so I did hate some of it.

I always get a kick out of those guys who criticize the M-60. They obviously never had to call "GUNS UP!!!" to save their ass.

Semper Fi

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
My Dad said there was only a few sounds in Viet nam that he cared for.
The bark of a 50 or an M60
the thump of a B52 run
Arclight raids
A well place airstrike
and a Huey to pick him up and go home.

He was also a Marine Combat Engineer. 1371 I believe. 7th Eng Bt, B Co. from 67-69.
Cancer did what the Viet Cong could not Or should should i say Richard Nixon

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote