Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions on 7600 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted
I have a 7600 (whelen), that must have the worlds worst trigger. It has enough creep in it that if I want to fire a shot on Tuesday, I have to start pulling on Monday.......

This trigger has GOT to go! What are my options as far as drop in replacements, gunsmithing, etc? Appreciate the help, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These triggers can actually be set up pretty good. A gunsmith who has worked with 870 or 1100 trap guns would have no problems with the 7600 trigger. It's easy to get a pretty crisp 3lb. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3763 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<migra>
posted
Timney makes a replacement trigger assembly. If you really like the gun and plan on keeping it, it would be money well spent.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Migra, I tried to find that trigger at Brownells, but they did not list it. Any suggestions on where to find one? TIA, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch: Doing a trigger job on a 7600 is a piece of cake. I've done several. All that is required is stoning the sear surfaces. They can be made creep free with a min. pull of about 3 1/2 lb.

------------------
JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<pakrattusnongratus>
posted
Look for the 870 trigger in brownell's . It is a complete replacement unit and fits the 870, 7400, and 7600. Good luck. PAK

------------------
Member NRA, Life NMLRA

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Pak, thanks, that was the piece of info that was missing. Now I can decide between smithing and replacing. Thanks all, Dutch.