New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandson
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My grandson is doing his "Future Plans For a Career" at his school.
He watched me tinker with guns, and he wants to do the same.
Where would be a good gunsmithing be for him to check out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He lives between Houston and Victoria, Texas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might check the one at Tishomingo OK, they have a pretty good rep.

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The TSJC (Trinidad State Junior College) in Trinidad, Colorado has a very good gunsmithing program. It is where P.O. Ackley taught and did most of his gun work and development. Your grandson should check it out and compare it to some others, he might like it. I should warn him that this institution has a waiting list but it is not excessively long. BTW, I also would advise him to stay clear of Colorado School of Trades in the Denver area.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a problem with CST ? I was there in the 70,s .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rodger, No they do not!!! They are at the bottom of all gunsmithing schools in the country!!! They,like several other gunsmithing schools,hire their recent graduates to teach the new students.These recent grads,who were themselves taught by incompetents,then pass on their lack of skills and knowledge to the poor students.Bad cycle and the students suffer. ...This topic of gunsmithing schools has been discussed at length in several threads on AR.I suggest the man whose grandson is interested check out the previous threads.

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote