Find
Notify
Tools

Disassembly of a VZ-24
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
I am taking apart a couple of VZ-24's in their original configuration for some deep down cleaning. I cannot figure out how the upper hand guard come off. Do I take the rear sight off first? I see a "clamp" around the barrel but the rear sight is still in the way.

I just don't want to tear something up.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take off the barrel band, stand the sight up, turn the hand guard 90 degrees and lift it off.

I've never done a vz24 before, but, most mausers have a spring clip holding it to the barrel or a groove next to the receiver holding the rear down.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Worked like a charm!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rojelio:
Take off the barrel band, stand the sight up, turn the hand guard 90 degrees and lift it off.

I've never done a vz24 before, but, most mausers have a spring clip holding it to the barrel or a groove next to the receiver holding the rear down.

Rojelio

Also, remove the screw at the front of the sight. The VZ 24's that I have taken apart did not have the spring clip.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote