New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester cast parts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are the extractors and bolt handles cast now for the M70 Classics with the CRF actions?

Working on one and I am afraid to blue it if it is a casting.
The bolt handle looks like it has casting marks also.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
If anyone can give an answer before 12:00 or 1:00 PST today that would be great because the gun is going in the tanks this afternoon.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know all the answers. The new extractors, they are stainless steel, are machined. I don't know about the older blued ones or the bolt handles.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShopCartRacing:
If anyone can give an answer before 12:00 or 1:00 PST today that would be great because the gun is going in the tanks this afternoon.

-Spencer

All the extractors that have been done for Winchester's production guns have stainless extractors. The older ones are MIM'd, then they are teflon coated for the blued rifles. On the very newest of the actions being produced as of February of last year have Machined 416 stainless extractors on them, but they are also teflon coated on the blued rifles.

This is not something that you want to send through your blueing tank.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
One other thing......the bolt handle is an investment casting, but there isn't any problems in the blueing process on them whatsoever. In the blueing, you really shouldn't be able to see a difference at all, and the temps won't be any different either on your salts.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote