New
Find
Notify
Tools

stevens 325 rebarrel and scope mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wondering if anyone here has ever rebarreled a Stevens 325/Savage 340. I have my Grandmothers old rifle and thinking it might be fun to rebarrel it to a different cartridge.

Also, I don't like what seems to be the only scope mounting option and that is the side-mount. How possible is it to put a scout style mount on the barrel for an extended eye relief scope. If that is possible on the factory barrel then it might be fun to just leave it as a 30/30.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone make a small base that mounts on the rear sight dovetail that a small dot sight would mount to?

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rebarreled a few . Don't have specs but easy set up as most . Nicer if you eliminate the nut . You could cantilever a base over the receiver like rifled slug guns but would have to be solid not the dovetail. I've used some older echo mounts modified to fit . A lot nicer than the weaver .
B square made a barrel mount that fit the Rem barrel contour and used the rear base screw holes to attach . It cantilever back , Brownells use to sell them .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
had a .22 ornet rechambered to a 5.7 Johnson.... of course it wont feed, but its fun to shoot... hat to open the bolt c=face up to fit... and put a shoe in the bottom of the action to make it a single shot... still have the awkward side mount scope...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote