New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Sendero
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a couple questions about this rifle and was hoping for some help.

What is the contour of a 7mm Rem Mag barrel on the SF Sendero?

Who makes the stock for the Sendero?

I have a VSSF in 22-250 and it is an absolute tack-driver. Other than the bull barrel and better stock, what do they do to the Senderos to improve accuracy?

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nebraska, my 7mm mag Sendero has the HS Precision stock, believe they all do. This has the built-in bedding block. Barrel contour appears to be the same as my Varmint Special, not sure what the various barrel makers would call it or number it. It measures about .820 at the muzzle. Mine is the standard barrel, not the stainless, but I believe the contour is the same.

Far as I can tell the stock and the heavier barrel are the only changes from a standard model 700. I've heard of a few that wouldn't perform, but mine sure shoots nice with factory ammo or my own loads. Regards, Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a HS stock on all the sendero's and vssf. Ditto about the vssf 22/250 being a tackdriver, myself and to mates all own vssf 22/250's and there very accurate. We all shoot win supreme factory 50 gr BST's from them.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Per discussions with H-S Precision... all of the PSS and Sendero stocks have been made by H-S. For a year or two, Remington had Varmint Synthetic stocks made by Bell and Carlson. There is a way to tell the differnce but it is not important, in my opinion. I prefer H-S but I think the B&C stocks are equal.

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jay,

Are they back to H-S Precision now?

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Supposedly no,H-S has stated they stopped making them for remington,yet remington still tells customers to contact HS when stock problems occur.

I know of one person that HS had send in the BC stock so that HS could confront remington on it.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
According to the lady at H-S, Rem is now using H-S exclusively, again. Give H-S a call if you wish. She told me how to tell the difference but I'm not sure enough that I understand everything she said to repeat it here.

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote