New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackburn Mauser Trigger - Profile Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does Blackburn offer different profile and trigger lengths? Could somebodypost a picture or 2 of a 98 Mauser trigger assembly.

What fits 1909 bottom metal? Looking for the trigger to set well back in the guard and follow the profile.

I've tried Jaeger, Timney and a Mauser sporter in the rifle...none have the correct profile.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
My Bold trigger fit the profile so close I had to grind off a little on the bottom of the trigger to keep it from contacting the guard.
I won't say any 98 trigger would fit but they should. but bottom metal varies too.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blackburn offers two triggers. One made of steel and one made of aluminum. the sears on both are hardened steel. They are both the same size. they fit pretty tight in a 1909 guard, but they do fit.. they are a nice, very well made trigger and worth the money. Here is a photo of one on an FN action with a 1909 Guard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We make two Mauser trigger like 22WRF said in steel and aluminum.
The sear and the trigger shoe in both are hardened steel.
We also make the trigger shoe in two lengths. The standard length and the magnum length.

Thank You,

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened to the BB triggers of old, that sat to the very rear of the guard?

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Blackburn trigger has not been changed. It sits to the rear of the guard bow.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maggie,

Do you make one for the CZ 550 Magnum action?

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just spoke to Maggie today and mine is in route via mail today. Looking forward to it for have heard good things about them. Mine will go on VZ24/9.3x62 and that should finish it up, or until I see something else it needs!!

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jsl3170 I am sorry but we do not.
Thank You,

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rec'd Blackburn M98 trigger in mail today and not installed yet, but it certainly appears to be of quality construction, steel. Trigger will apparently position in the rear of the trigger guard on first examination. Will install, adjust in next couple days and see how it works out. Does indeed look very nice and correct.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called Maggie this afternoon and placed and order for 98 Triggers....great service and a delight to talk to...even though she was not felling the best...touch of the nasty flue. I'll let you folks know how this works out...looks like some of the other guys are very happy with the set up. Ron

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Installed mine last eve. and as stated in the instructions, no real adjustments needed, it is good to go as received for me. Very high quality mfg. and more than likely will get another one soon.

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgg_7:
Looking for the trigger to set well back in the guard and follow the profile.

I think the rear of the Blackburn guard sits farther forward than the 09Arg unit. This makes it look like the trigger is farther back than it is.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1859 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote