New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tips on installing Talley rings?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've got my 1st set of Talleys to install (thanks to the purchase of a fine Whitworth Express from allfoden, thanks). Before I start messing with them, any tips on installation? These are quick release rings, and the vertical split rings are new to me. Whats the right sequence for installing these? Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
<Ben H>
posted
I don't have any experience with the QD type of Talley's but if you give them a call they will be glad to assist. They are a first-rate company with excellent customer service.

Good Luck,
Ben H

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody out there who'se installed some talleys recently? bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take the quick detach lever and unscrew it and then remove the 4 screws, 2 on top and two under the lever base. Put in the scope and reverse the process. The levers are now all right hand threads. They used to be right hand on the front ring and left hand on the rear so you could have them tighten down on the left side and point together and be out of the way. They had too much trouble with people thinking that one thread was messed up.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chic

Bob