New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are these Talley Bases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to buy some quick detach rings for this rifle and am wondering what brand of bases these are.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't think so. My Talley bases look like this:

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warne Premier?

Posts: 438 | Location: California | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think those are Warne Premier. I had a set once, don't anymore, but they were nice.

Not sure if they still make the rings though??

Posts: 341 | Location: MI | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be an easy way to know for sure...Warne bases use a 7/16" dovetail, Talley 1/2"

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. They mike at .442 across the dovetail so I assume they are Warne's. I recently bought the gun at an auction and was considering keeping the bases but it may be best to just replace them.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
M16,
I have a new set of Warne Premiers around here someplace. I'll look for them if you want to try them.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Does he get to keep them if he likes them?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Sorry if that sounded trite, Forrest. I just got back form my therapist. I needed an emergency session about dealing with envy....

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Harry,
M16 gets to keep the rings if they fit. Anyone who gave as generously as he did towards our Scholarship Rifle project deserves a freebie.

If you're overly envious of my out of control addiction, maybe we can talk to your therapist about getting some group therapy?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
If you can afford it, is it still a vice in need of therapy?

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
the bases pictures posted on the mod 70 are definately Warnes, and with the proper rings they are very good rings and bases, that return to zero perfectly. I have them on a couple of Whitworth bolt rifles. One a 375 H&H, and the other a 458 LOTT, and they repete zero and are not moved by the recoil of those rifles. I also have a pair on milled into the quarter rib of a double rifle chambered for 458 RCBS, that work just as well! If you remove the bases, you will see the number on the bottom of the bases, so you can get the proper rings for them!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote