New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting a clip in a Rem. 7600 pump ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a new Rem 7600 pump but I find it very difficult to put the magazine in, especially when loaded, and getting it out. Any tricks or suggestions for this problem. Also have another clip for the rifle, after insertion the rear of the mag. drops down a little, especially when loaded, it just won't stay flush. This is all new stuff.

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had some instances where I've had to push the clip release to insert a clip, or to hit the bottom of the clip with the heel of my hand to seat it.

Sometimes new rifles and clips can be a little finnicky.

Posts: 190 | Location: Manotick, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 24 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.358:

I haven't looked at the magazine catch on a 7600, but my father had a 7400 that was damaging bullet tips when the action would grab a round from the magazine. Anyway, a local smith told me that Remington has three different sizes of magazine catch that can be replaced to eleviate the problem you mention. It may be worth a call to Remington or a factory service place.

Ryan

[ 10-31-2002, 08:59: Message edited by: Big_R ]

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote