New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compare the modern Mauser actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Can anyone give us a side by side comparison of the modern Mauser actions?

The actions I am specifically referring to are produced by Granite Mountain, Hartmann & Weiss, R. Johannsen, Wells and Gentry. I'd be very interested in the opinions of those that have owned or built rifles on these actions.

With all the top shelf rifle builders and serious hunters we have here I am sure there are some well formulated opinions.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
PC

They might be soft I do not know, but the quality is outstanding when you compare the DWM 1909 to the other mauser actions then you will se and feel the difference.
You can always have the action hardened. I plan on doing that with on my 8x68s project.
I have many Mauser actions from different makers and the DWM and VZ-24 are the best. But the finish on the DWM is a bit better and when you study the parts then you can se. Unfortunately my camera can not take pictures of that (to close)
Here are some pictures of actions:
This picture shows from the front a DWM Modelo Argentino 1909, a Obendorf mauser, a m98 from Steyr factory Austria and finally a VZ-24 from BRNO.
Note the bolt stop on the DWM it is different
The DWM also have a hinged floor plate.

Here is a picture of one of my DWM. What a beauty
I am testing to se if the magazine can take a 8X68s cartridge... I can

Here is a picture of the two army rifles that will become custom sporting rifles.

I do not know what calibre the second one will be any suggestions

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I'm still not willing to give up on this question....

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote